10 Things You Don't Know About Me
1) I’ve been known to occasionally lose to my son Jake in “Are you smarter than a 5th grader?”….and he’s a 3rd grader!
2) I have 8 brothers and sisters. My manual therapy skills originate from developing hand speed at the dinner table as a kid.
3) I met my beautiful wife Amy in psychology class at Boston University…when I arrived 3 weeks into the semester and accidentally sat in her chair. She’s been trying to figure me out ever since that day.
4) My favorite trip was to Ireland. The best part was getting to know the Irish people. It was then that I realized people create the most memorable experiences, and it is very rewarding to see that approach become such an important part of the ProEx culture.
5) I played football at BU my freshman year and then decided to focus on PT school (I swear, it had nothing to do with my speed!).
6) I live in Woburn, MA in the house I grew up in. My son Jake and two beautiful daughters, Shaye and Bree, are 4th generation to live in that house.
7) My 3 most memorable sport moments were being at game 4 against the Yankees in 2004, watching our first world series win in 86 years with my 2 year old son, and being at TCC in Brookline when the US won the Ryder Cup in 1999.
8) I have never missed a day of work in my life due to a sickness. I currently have a 26 year streak going. It probably makes sense that my favorite athlete of all time is Cal Ripken.
9) My favorite question from a patient (whom I had known for years) was “Michael, why didn’t you just become a doctor?” My answer was, “Because I wanted to be a physical therapist.”
10) The quote which has most influenced my life came from my mother (in response to me going off to college and not feeling confident in myself). “Don’t ever feel like anybody is better than you…but don’t ever think you are better than anyone else.”